🙌 Hi! We’re Locale.to
…and we’re building the next generation of localization solutions for our international customers.
We’re currently in a phase of rapid development on a variety of internal and customer-facing projects, so we’re looking for an agile React Engineer who can deal with a fast-paced environment, and who will play a central role in defining our product offering.
There’s a lot going on and every day brings a new set of challenges. Today you might be working on the Onboarding flow, tomorrow on implementing a users invitation feature. There is never a dull moment.
If variety is the spice of life, we’re a spicy Ghost Pepper for sure. 🌶
We’re a small team of experienced developers and entrepreneurs, and we work entirely remotely, we use Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected. We work together as a team, taking every opportunity to learn from each other.
We relish new ideas and there’s the opportunity to have yours heard and put into place. We’re all about making a real difference. 🙏
🤖 Our Stack
- Our frontend stack is React + Redux (with EasyPeasy), running on a Gatsby setup.
- Our API is a mix of GraphQL and REST endpoints handled with AWS Amplify.
🥇 You should be comfortable with some of these…
- UX considerations
- UI polish
- Jest, React-Testing-Library
- GraphQL, REST
🏹 Your responsibilities
- You’ll be working in an agile team responsible for building UIs. You’ll Collaborate with product, engineering and design to create elegant, interactive and highly performant interfaces.
- You might be architecting a CSS or design system, getting deep into UX, building interesting animations and managing global CSS/Sass to ensure it is clean, consistent, and efficient.
- Evolve our UI component library, design system, and front end infrastructure to streamline development and ensure consistency and code quality
- You’ll write well designed, testable, readable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- You’ll take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, and take responsibility for coding and bug testing.
- You’ll participate in product and code reviews.
😻 You should absolutely work with us if…
- You are quite creative, but with the technical skills to create the final output.
- We love juniors, but for this position, we are looking for someone who has experience working heavily with React.js
- You have a solid understanding of web fundamentals (HTML, CSS/Sass, responsive, and accessibility-driven development) and advanced React.js styling systems (such as styled-system, styled-components).
- You communicate clearly in English, but you also speak another language.
- You pay attention to details and write “I pay attention to details” as the title of your application.
- You enjoy learning new technologies, techniques and design patterns.
🔎 The fine print…
We’re hiring in the United Kingdom only and we are looking for candidates available at least 35 hours per week.
We want a personal relationship, so sorry, no agencies please.
✅ How to apply…
- Email the following to email@example.com :
- Your CV in PDF format.
- A link to your Github profile.
- Tell us where in the UK do you live.
- Describe in a few words why you’re a pleasure to work with.
- Anything else…? 😉