🙌 Hi! We’re Locale.to
…and we’re building the next generation of localization solutions for our international customers who are predominantly in the online/tech sector.
We’re a dynamic, fast-paced startup, mixing high-quality language services with in-depth technical integrations.
There’s always a lot going on, and every day brings a new set of challenges. If variety is the spice of life, we’re a spicy Ghost Pepper for sure. 🌶
Our small team works entirely remotely, and we all have to wear many different hats to get the job done. We’re looking for delightful people interested in taking initiatives and implementing their ideas to build out our vision. 💪
This role involves managing the entire localization process for our clients.
What you’ll do
- Be the main point of contact for our customers, and help them establish their brand’s tone of voice, glossary, and other language assets.
- Manage localization projects from start to finish, ensuring customers are informed, and getting the best result possible.
- Recruit and manage translators and establish strategic partnerships with Language Service Providers, setting up/improving documented processes along the way.
- Help improve our internal language tech to automate and to consistently deliver outstanding results.
- Be a guarantor of language quality, creating repeatable QA processes.
- Educate and promote best practices and language knowledge through documentation and blogging.
What you’ll bring to the team
- A passion for languages, translation, and localization – this is a must!
- You enjoy human contact and customers enjoy interacting with you.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in at least one additional language.
- Strong organization skills, you can keep on top of lots of little moving parts.
- Impeccable attention to detail (and you will write “I pay attention to detail” as the title of your application for this role).
- Initiative and “can-do” attitude, “done” is often better than “perfect”.
- Continuous learner and ability to adapt to changing conditions.
These are non-essential but would be amazing…
- Previous experience working as a translator.
- Tech-savvy – basic understanding of HTML or some other programming languages.
- In-depth knowledge of Trados or Memsource.
- Experience working with SaaS businesses.
✅ How to apply…
- Your CV in PDF format
- Let us know where in the world you live.
- Describe in a few words why you’re a pleasure to work with.
- Describe what the trickiest part of the localization process is in your opinion.
- Anything else…? 😉