Shopify

This is why your Shopify store is running at 25% efficiency

March 4, 2024

By Joseph Heider

As a Shopify store owner, imagine the excitement of expanding your products into new territories, attracting customers from all corners of the world and boosting revenue. Now, imagine the frustration of realizing that your competitors are already ahead of the game, and it feels like even more of an uphill battle. You’re in luck because it’s not too late to join them, but are you ready to take your Shopify store to the next level and reach new markets around the globe?

If so, we’re talking about localization.

Shopify localization automation isn't just a trend – it's a strategic imperative for businesses looking to thrive in today's global marketplace and skyrocket their earnings. And localizing content in itself isn’t a very hard thing to do. Simply get your products in front of a translator or an agency, have them do their magic, and put that into your Shopify store. Right?

Well, in theory yes, but the reality is that it’s a lot harder than it seems. Every good translation workflow needs at least

  1. Clear guidelines and standards for content creation and modification
  2. Effective communication channels
  3. Quality assurance processes for consistency
  4. Operational tools and programs for processing content and data
  5. Flexibility and adaptability…for when things inevitably go wrong

After a while it may seem like you need to learn a whole new language yourself just to get your content noticed in a new market; now that goal of international market expansion seems worlds away.

But don’t worry, hope is on the horizon. Localization automation options will be the key driver to your success in taking your products from around the corner to around the world. The right tool will have a few things for anyone from store owners to product managers to marketing managers, to get up and running:

  • A low code / no code option, so you don’t need a special degree to make it work
  • A dynamic solution that you can set and forget
  • A reliable solution that’s backed with real user experiences
  • An affordable solution that won’t break the bank
  • And something that’s flexible enough to work with anything from an MT engine, to a translation management system (TMS) or a language service provider (LSP) if you choose to work with a translation agency.

According to research, around 25% of internet users speak English as their first language. This means that the remaining 75% of internet users, who primarily speak other languages, would benefit from content translation. For e-commerce platforms like Shopify, the percentage of users benefiting from translation can be even higher.

Studies have shown that offering content in multiple languages can increase sales and customer engagement, making translation essential for reaching and thriving in a global audience.

As we’ve seen in the last few years, the world is becoming increasingly interconnected, and customers expect to engage with brands in their native language. Don't underestimate the power of Shopify localization automation because if you're not leveraging localization automation for your Shopify store, you're missing out on massive opportunities.

With the right tools and strategies in place, you can unlock the full potential of your Shopify store and position yourself for success in the global marketplace.

Joseph Heider

Joe is the Head of Connectors at Locale, a trailblazing tech powerhouse revolutionizing the localization industry. With over a decade of experience in localization spanning recruitment & vendor management to business development, project and account management, and product expertise Joe brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the table. Beyond the world of localization, Joe has a passion for travel and all things automotive. Whether exploring new cities, mountains, and beaches or tinkering with cars old and new, Joe brings the same level of enthusiasm and dedication to everything he does.